Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The blog post lives on

It's been more than a year since I posted my father's "My War in Europe: 1944-1947." During the last year a few readers whose fathers also served in 398th have sent me information and photographs that may be of interest to those of you interested in World War II history as seen and reported by the common GI. 


By the way, my father just celebrated his 88th birthday. My mother, a Munich native, also will celebrate her 88th birthday this year. 


The attached photographs were sent to my by Tom Duvall, whose dad was Sgt. Thomas Owen Duvall and went by his middle name Owen most of the time.  He was from Atlanta, Georgia.  


From Tom: "I attached some other pictures from my Dad and named them using the comment on the back of the picture to explain them.  If you look carefully, on the door of the half track in the picture taken in Luneville France is the word "Tommy" which was for me (I was born in 1943.)  I believe Dad told me he had the words "Little Tommy" on his door of his track.  I remember him saying one of his half tracks was destroyed so he had to go to the back of the lines to get another one which he also named "Tommy"."


Sgt. Duvall, Sept. 1944, Luneville, France

Sgt. Duvall



Sgt. Duvall, Feb. 1945
Sgt. Duvall and Pat Rushing





No comments: